MyEclipse 8.6 Enterprise Workbench
July 30, 2010
MyEclipse 8.6 is the next generation of the MyEclipse EnterpriseWorkbench IDE for enterprise Java and web developers. This release ofMyEclipse focuses heavily on enabling Team Collaborationbetween MyEclipse developers as well as centralizing softwaremanagement of the entire workbench in a single cohesive MyEclipseConfiguration Center.
Built on the Eclipse 3.5.2 (Galileo) and Genuitec Pulse EclipseManagement and Runtime Services platforms, MyEclipse 8.6 provideshundreds of new and improved code development, testing and deploymentfeatures.
Following are highlights of key new and improved features. For a morecomplete list of all MyEclipse 8.6 features and screenshots seetheNewand Noteworthy.
- Superior validation
- Support for popular third party frameworks like jQuery, prototype, Dojo and YUI
Struts 2 Graphical Editor
Use the Struts 2 graphical editor to create or edit packages, actions and action results graphically, making it easy to visualize complex Struts 2 configuration files. XML code is generated simultaneously for all graphical elements created and vice versa.
MyEclipse Configuration Center
- Install/Uninstall all MyEclipse modules easily
- Quick-Search for most popular Eclipse addons and add them with acheckbox
- View, Edit and Apply all available workbench software updates(custom update sites supported!)
- Easily configure and share MyEclipse workbench configurations with teammembers
- Review and Apply workbench configuration changes from users withpermissions to make them to shared configurations
- Persist workbench preferences out to a team with the sharedconfiguration
- Share workbench configurations with individuals or teams of peopleyou can configure (permissions too!)
- Share a MyEclipse group subscription with other members in your team
New Server Connectors
- Glassfish 3
- JBoss 6
- Resin 4
- Jetty 7
- JOnAS 5
- SpringSource tc Server
- Java System Web Server 7
- Tomcat 7
Support for the following frameworks has been added:
- Spring 3.0
- Hibernate 3.3
- Spring Security 2.0
- Spring Security 3.0
Screen Capture Support
Screen capture support previously available only for Windows XP, is now also available for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Forward (UML > Java) engineering was improved
- Sequence Diagram generation support was improved
JavaServer Faces, Facelets,ICEfaces
- JSF / Facelets content-assist improved - performance improvement andbetter support for page-scoped variables
- Facelets CTRL+Click navigation added
- ICEfaces palette improvements
- faces-config.xml validation improved to catch more error cases andnot catch invalid errors